Peters Flexible RenAmiNg Kit (PFrank) Forum Index Peters Flexible RenAmiNg Kit (PFrank)
Support and Discussion Site for the PFrank File/Folder Renaming Tool (http://www3.telus.net/pfrank)
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Prepend date to fold by date of file in folder

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Peters Flexible RenAmiNg Kit (PFrank) Forum Index -> Regular Expressions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
rchbn



Joined: 18 Jun 2008
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:28 pm    Post subject: Prepend date to fold by date of file in folder Reply with quote

I don't know if this can be done but here is what I have. 200+ folders of pictures named by what is in the folder. Flowers etc. What I would like to do is prepend the date in astrological order so I can sort by date.

What I would like is 20080612 Flowers as an example of one of the dates of the file that would be in that folder.

I did a search of the fourms and didn't find anything like this.

Thanks for any help, Rich
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
admin
Site Admin


Joined: 09 Mar 2007
Posts: 446
Location: Canada

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rich,

You just need ot use 2 of the predefined renaming commands. Set up the following in the Custom Renaming Creator (don't include the single quotes when you copy and paste):

Row: 1
Search:
Replace: '*Insert Folder before*Prefix*'

Row: 2
Search:
Replace: '*Insert File Properties before*Prefix*'

Before pressing the 'Scan' button, you need to go into the Options window to modify the 'Parent Folder Name Insertion' parameters (to configure the separator string) and 'Date Formatter' parameters (to configure the format of the date).

Let me know if you need any more info.

Peter.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
rchbn



Joined: 18 Jun 2008
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

admin wrote:
Hi Rich,

You just need ot use 2 of the predefined renaming commands. Set up the following in the Custom Renaming Creator (don't include the single quotes when you copy and paste):

Row: 1
Search:
Replace: '*Insert Folder before*Prefix*'

Row: 2
Search:
Replace: '*Insert File Properties before*Prefix*'

Before pressing the 'Scan' button, you need to go into the Options window to modify the 'Parent Folder Name Insertion' parameters (to configure the separator string) and 'Date Formatter' parameters (to configure the format of the date).

Let me know if you need any more info.

Peter.


OK I did all that and I get an error saying error: The Python.......Row 1 is Invalid. Specific error detected is: "nothing to repeat"

Let me know how to proceed.

Rich
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
admin
Site Admin


Joined: 09 Mar 2007
Posts: 446
Location: Canada

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rich,

Something must have gone wrong with the copy/paste .. maybe you don't have the text in the correct columns.

Try this:
1)
With the mouse copy the entire reply I sent with the search/replace data.
2)
Go to the PFrank main window and select it with the mouse. Clear the customer renaming creator list.
3)
Type ctrl-F2
4)
this should result in the search/replace commands being inserted at the top of the list. This ctrl-F2 feature was developed to simplify insertion of custom renaming data from email or forum postings.
5)
now press the scan. there should be no errors.

You will likely have to modify the insert parent folder and date formatter options as outlined before.

Hope this helps!

Peter.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
rchbn



Joined: 18 Jun 2008
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

admin wrote:
Hi Rich,

Something must have gone wrong with the copy/paste .. maybe you don't have the text in the correct columns.

Try this:
1)
With the mouse copy the entire reply I sent with the search/replace data.
2)
Go to the PFrank main window and select it with the mouse. Clear the customer renaming creator list.
3)
Type ctrl-F2
4)
this should result in the search/replace commands being inserted at the top of the list. This ctrl-F2 feature was developed to simplify insertion of custom renaming data from email or forum postings.
5)
now press the scan. there should be no errors.

You will likely have to modify the insert parent folder and date formatter options as outlined before.

Hope this helps!

Peter.


OK that worked better, yes I did have things in the wrong column. But now it just wants to change the names to the last modified date of the folder it isn't looking at the file date inside the folder to prepend that date to the folder name.

Thanks for all your help, Rich
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rchbn



Joined: 18 Jun 2008
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rchbn wrote:
admin wrote:
Hi Rich,

Something must have gone wrong with the copy/paste .. maybe you don't have the text in the correct columns.

Try this:
1)
With the mouse copy the entire reply I sent with the search/replace data.
2)
Go to the PFrank main window and select it with the mouse. Clear the customer renaming creator list.
3)
Type ctrl-F2
4)
this should result in the search/replace commands being inserted at the top of the list. This ctrl-F2 feature was developed to simplify insertion of custom renaming data from email or forum postings.
5)
now press the scan. there should be no errors.

You will likely have to modify the insert parent folder and date formatter options as outlined before.

Hope this helps!

Peter.


OK that worked better, yes I did have things in the wrong column. But now it just wants to change the names to the last modified date of the folder it isn't looking at the file date inside the folder to prepend that date to the folder name.

Thanks for all your help, Rich



OK I'm getting closer as I found in view options what to look for and changed it to %lastmodifieddate% but it still doesn't use the information from the file it seems to be seeing when the folder was moved as we just upgraded the server that all these files are on. One other thing the IT guys compressed the files and I'm thinking that this may have something to do with it as well?

Thanks again for all the help, Rich
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rchbn



Joined: 18 Jun 2008
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rchbn wrote:
rchbn wrote:
admin wrote:
Hi Rich,

Something must have gone wrong with the copy/paste .. maybe you don't have the text in the correct columns.

Try this:
1)
With the mouse copy the entire reply I sent with the search/replace data.
2)
Go to the PFrank main window and select it with the mouse. Clear the customer renaming creator list.
3)
Type ctrl-F2
4)
this should result in the search/replace commands being inserted at the top of the list. This ctrl-F2 feature was developed to simplify insertion of custom renaming data from email or forum postings.
5)
now press the scan. there should be no errors.

You will likely have to modify the insert parent folder and date formatter options as outlined before.

Hope this helps!

Peter.


OK that worked better, yes I did have things in the wrong column. But now it just wants to change the names to the last modified date of the folder it isn't looking at the file date inside the folder to prepend that date to the folder name.

Thanks for all your help, Rich



OK I'm getting closer as I found in view options what to look for and changed it to %lastmodifieddate% but it still doesn't use the information from the file it seems to be seeing when the folder was moved as we just upgraded the server that all these files are on. One other thing the IT guys compressed the files and I'm thinking that this may have something to do with it as well?

Thanks again for all the help, Rich


OK I copied all the files and folders to my computer and the program isn't using the files date it's using when the files were last moved or copied as the files took about 10 minutes to copy over I see the date it's using and minutes in the other columns so it really isn't using the right thing it's using last moved/accessed and note the creation date. I tried to use that in the "Files Properties Insertion" as "DateTimeOriginal% but it would use that in the file properties insertion line so I'm stuck but so close!!

Rich
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
admin
Site Admin


Joined: 09 Mar 2007
Posts: 446
Location: Canada

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are trying to use the %DateTimeOriginal% then you need to use the image insertion command:

*Insert Image Information before*Prefix*

Put that command in the replace column just like the others. Make sure the image insertion options are set up to use the %DateTimeOriginal%.

I can't explain why the file properties insertion did not work. If the files were compressed on the other computer then that shouldn't make any difference. Any dates inserted for file properties should corrrespond exactly to what you see in the file property date/time columns of the preview page (ie. last modified or creation date depending on which file property insertion options you set up).

If you are still having problems then please copy all the information from the Summary panel of the main window and post it in the next reply.

Thanks,

Peter.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Peters Flexible RenAmiNg Kit (PFrank) Forum Index -> Regular Expressions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com


Start Your Own Video Sharing Site

Free Web Hosting | Free Forum Hosting | FlashWebHost.com | Image Hosting | Photo Gallery | FreeMarriage.com

Powered by PhpBBweb.com, setup your forum now!
For Support, visit Forums.BizHat.com